However, if you don’t it may affect our ability to assist you or provide you with a product or service, including submitting for an award.
If you want to deal with us while not identifying yourself (ie anonymously or by using a pseudonym) we will allow you to do this where it is practicable (for example where you make a general enquiry of us). Please tell us if you wish to do this and we will indicate whether, given the nature of the transaction, it is practicable.
Personal information we collect and hold
- The personal information we collect and/or hold about you can include:
- name, date of birth, gender;
- contact details such as address, phone, fax and email; and
- information obtained as part of the management and processing of a an award submission.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information about you and other individuals in various ways including:
- over the phone,
- in person including at branches or offices,
- over the internet, including via our website, online forms and surveys, email or cookies (please see our Online Privacy Statement for more information on how we collect personal information online),
- in writing, including via hard copy forms.
From whom we collect
We may collect personal information from publicly available sources such as the phone book or public websites.
When we collect personal information from you about someone else
We and Our Parties, on our behalf may seek to collect from you personal information about another person. This may happen if you enquire about our company or service jointly with another person.
If you provide us or Our Parties on our behalf with information about another person, then you must:
- have their consent to do so
- tell them:
- that you are disclosing their personal information to us, and
Holding personal information
We hold personal information electronically and on paper/in hard copy. For the personal information we hold electronically we take reasonable security measures including firewalls, secure logon processes, encryption and intrusion monitoring technologies. For the information we hold in hard copy/on paper we have in place reasonable confidentiality procedures and we also take reasonable security measures. We also require our Service Providers to hold personal information securely.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We and Our Parties may:
– hold and use your personal information
Occasionally we may be required or authorised to collect personal information because of an Australian law or an order of a Court/ Tribunal. If we are collecting personal information for this purpose we will tell you.
Your personal information helps us to provide you with a range of leading insurance products and services.
If you have provided consent, we, Our Parties, Our Service Providers may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information and contact you by post, SMS, email or telephone to:
- provide you with information and offers about our services and company (including through social media channels and websites)
- provide you with information and offers about products and services offered by:
- our agents, and distributors
- our related entities, and
- other organisations we promote or their agents.
If you want to withdraw your consent to using your personal information for those marketing reasons, contact us to ‘opt out’ or follow the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant communication. You can change your mind at any time.
How you may access your personal information and seek correction of it
Accessing your information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you.
Keeping your information accurate
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and store, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your information to help us do so. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete, then please let us know.
Complaints about how we handle your personal information
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information or an alleged breach of the privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), please contact us and provide us with the details of your complaint/the alleged breach as well as any supporting evidence. You can call us on the number below or write to us using the following address, fax number, or email address:
Customer Relations Canberra Winery Tours
ABN 68 659873 980
We will promptly acknowledge the complaint, carefully investigate it and determine the steps that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any further information and will provide you with our determination once it is made. If you are unhappy with our determination, we will provide you details on how to take the complaint further.
- call one of our employees on 0405 140 641 OR 0409 440 555
- email us using the Enquiry Form on our website.
This Policy is current as at 9 May 2023. Insurance Australia Limited ABN 68 659873 980 trading as Canberra Winery Tours
Please note that our cancellation policy is for a 50% retention on total tour cost should you wish to cancel your booking within seven days of the tour date. A 100% retention on total tour cost applies should you wish to cancel within 24 hours of the tour date.